- Great mix of managing and delivering events
- Central Wellington location
- Fun culture and work environment
New Zealand Rugby, one of New Zealand’s leading sporting organisations, is looking for an experienced events manager to join our events team on a permanent basis in Wellington. To support us in effectively planning, managing and delivering all NZ Rugby events and hosting requirements.
In this busy role, reporting to the Head of Events, you’ll be developing event and match enhancement strategies and plans to effectively deliver New Zealand Rugby events across the business. You’ll be responsible for planning, budgeting and onsite management of events – no two days will be the same!
It goes without saying that you’re a highly organised person who has great attention to detail. As an excellent communicator and negotiator, you'll be someone with an established network of contacts, a solid understanding of event strategy, management and overall event execution. This is a great opportunity to showcase your event management and strategic skills in an organisation that will truly value your expertise.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- 5-10 years’ experience in event development and management
- Experience preparing, managing and working to event budgets
- Strategic and logistical contract management experience
- Previous experience and exposure to project planning and management
- A high level of energy and commitment to getting the job done to a very high standard
- Excellent people skills and have a proven ability to interact professionally with a variety of people and requests
- Exceptional organisation skills and be able to juggle conflicting priorities and multiple projects
This role requires some late nights, early mornings and weekend work; therefore the successful candidate needs to be able and willing to work flexibility to meet the demands of the role.
In return, you will receive a host of benefits and enjoy a culture and working environment where people are passionate about the game, the community and social causes and each other. We value diversity and pride ourselves on our inclusive culture; we’re certified with the Rainbow Tick.
If this sounds like you, then don’t delay! Submit your covering letter and CV through the link below.
The ideal candidate must obtain a clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Applications close Tuesday, 2 July 2019 at 5pm