- Fantastic opportunity to join a team of finance specialists
- Stimulating working environment with great benefits
- An opportunity to work for one of New Zealand’s best workplaces
New Zealand Rugby (NZR), one of New Zealand’s leading sporting organisations, is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our specialist finance team to effectively manage NZR’s balance sheet.
As our Financial Accountant, you’ll enjoy a varied role that interacts with all parts of NZR. As such you will be confident and comfortable dealing with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external to our organisation. You’ll be responsible for looking after NZR’s treasury functions from cash flow management and investments as well as mitigating our foreign exchange exposures. You will also prepare GST and FBT returns, and manage our financial management information systems and to ensuring our management and Board are provided with timely and accurate financial information. Additionally you will lead and oversee the accounts payable function.
In addition to your great communication and stakeholder management skills, you’ll also possess sound financial management and the ability to lead and inspire both those working for you and around you.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience post Chartered Accountant or similar qualification
- Experience in preparing financial statements in accordance with NZ GAAP as well as the preparation of management reports and undertaking financial analysis
- Strong computer literacy using financial management information systems and the Microsoft Office suite.
New Zealand Rugby has a diverse and inclusive culture and is certified with the Rainbow Tick.
The ideal candidate must obtain a clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check.
Applications close Wednesday 17 January 2018