E kimi ana te Uniana Whutupaoro o Aotearoa i tetahiKaiawhina-kaiako hei tautoko te Kapa o Pango Maori o Aotearoa
Location: negotiable – candidate can be based in any NZ location
The Maori All Blacks Rugby team has a proud history, including a historic win over the 2005 British and Irish Lions and victories over England and Ireland during the Centenary of the first Maori All Blacks team in 2010.
The New Zealand Rugby Union seeks applicants for two Assistant Coach positions, for which candidates will need to be available to support the Maori All Blacks through to the end of 2018. This includes the 2018 end of year tour from 25th October – 19th November (dates subject to change).
Assistant Coach x2
As the Maori All Blacks Assistant Coach you will have the opportunity to continue the legacy that is the Maori All Blacks. In this key coaching role you will be responsible for:
- Delivering world class coaching in a designated area of responsibility
- Assisting to deliver the team’s preparation including programme and campaign planning, selection, player development and performance. Ensuring there is a shared understanding and connection to the team’s vision and values
- Assisting to select and Coach the team to a standard of excellence and enhancing the reputation of New Zealand Rugby both within New Zealand and internationally
The successful candidates must have:
- Coaching experience, minimum Farah Palmer Cup or Mitre 10 Cup level
- Be currently coaching in NZ
- International experience working in rugby is preferred
- Maintain a current passport and be eligible to travel overseas and back to New Zealand (including being eligible to obtain any necessary visas)
- Obtain a clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check
- Have an ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally with the team.
Beyond discipline-specific expertise and your rugby coaching experience you’ll have a good knowledge and understanding of the game as well as outstanding organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. A strong empathy for the values which underpin Maori All Blacks rugby will need to be demonstrated, as will a willingness to learn basic te reo Maori and high levels of integrity, passion, and competitive drive.
Applications close 5.00pm, 20 March 2018