The Maori All Blacks Rugby team has a proud history dating back to the late 1800s. This Team has a tremendous winning record against Test Nations and has been an important vehicle in showcasing Maori Culture to the World.
The New Zealand Rugby Union is seeking a Head Coach to join the Maori All Blacks Coaching Team.
As the Maori All Blacks Head Coach you will have the opportunity to continue and enhance the legacy that is the Maori All Blacks. In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring there is a shared understanding and connection to the team’s vision and values
- Selecting and coaching our team to a standard of excellence and enhancing the reputation of New Zealand Rugby within te ao Maori (the Maori world), New Zealand and internationally
- All aspects of the Team’s preparation including programme and campaign planning, selection, player development and performance.
To be considered for this leadership position you will need to be available for possible Campaign windows in November 2017, June 2018 and November 2018.
In addition to your rugby coaching experience and expertise, you’ll have a good knowledge and understanding of the game as well as outstanding organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. A strong empathy for the values which underpin Maori All Blacks rugby will need to be demonstrated, as will high levels of integrity, passion, cultural intelligence and competitive drive.
The successful candidate must:
- Have an appreciation of cutting edge technical and tactical components, thorough analysis, planning and organisation is imperative, as is the need to articulate and deliver a vision and game plan that personifies Maori All Blacks rugby
- Have recent experience Head Coaching at National, Super or Mitre 10 Cup Level.
- Maintain a current passport and be eligible to travel overseas and back to New Zealand (including being eligible to obtain any necessary visas)
- Obtain a clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check
- Have an ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally with the team.
Applications close 5 pm on Sunday, 20th August 2017.