New Zealand Rugby (NZR), one of New Zealand’s largest sporting organisations, has an exciting opportunity available. We are looking for a Media Advisor to boost our busy media team for a fixed-term until the end of October 2020.
As one of our Media Advisors, you will work as part of a small team responsible for proactively developing, advising, and coordinating the management of NZR’s media and public relations activities through various communication tools. No two days will be the same in this varied role; you’ll be working across both proactive, positive stories as well as supporting and co-ordinating communications strategies for key issues that affect NZR.
In this fast-paced and stimulating role you’ll work closely with the Media Manager, and be involved with the following:
- Contributing to and implementing agreed media and public relations strategies to support NZR activities
- Providing media and operational support for our many and varied media events including Test matches
- Supporting the Media Manager to provide media advice to key spokespeople, media support for campaigns and dealing directly with media
- Managing NZR’s media accreditation system across our competitions
- Preparing written material for NZR’s publications, circulars and channels
- Administration support for the Media team
To be successful in this role you will have experience working in a media relations, corporate communications, journalism or public relations role within a public service, corporate or sporting environment. This role requires a confident communicator who can operate under pressure. You’ll be working with journalists, writers and specialist reporters while managing multiple demands on your time. If you are a self-starter with a desire to positively influence and enhance NZR’s reputation and our brands, then we want to hear from you today.
In return, you will receive a host of benefits and enjoy a culture and working environment where people are passionate about the game, the community and social causes and each other. We value diversity and pride ourselves in our inclusive culture; we’re certified with the Rainbow Tick.
If this sounds like you, then don’t delay! Submit your covering letter and CV through the link below.
The ideal candidate must obtain a clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Applications close Sunday 20 October at 5pm.