- New permanent opportunity
- Working for one of New Zealand’s leading sporting organisations
- Competitive package with great benefits
- Auckland or Wellington location
New Zealand Rugby (NZR) one of New Zealand’s leading sporting organisations, is looking for a world class Technology Product Manager to join our cutting-edge technology team. In this exciting new role, you will own the vision and roadmap for the rugby community product platform and assist us in effectively planning and executing digital products.
As the Technology Product Manager for the Community Rugby and Commercial portfolios you’ll drive the vision and roadmap for the digital technology products. You’ll be responsible for planning and executing throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and working closely the business to ensure technology requirements are met.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have a strong understanding of the requirements of the community and be able to make clear decisions on prioritisation, minimum viable product and help the team plan and operate effectively so we can deploy our resources to get the best bang for our buck.
To do this you’ll need to:
- Deeply understand our various communities and rugby
- Map the developer and app journey, and deliver a roadmap of product and design enhancements to optimise and improve self-serve
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the business and build awesome working relationships
- Work with the team to effectively prioritise feature requests, enhancements and bug fixes into an achievable roadmap
- Maintain a high level of communication to all interested parties on progress
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to bring people together as part of an effective team, mentoring and influencing stakeholders and colleagues
- A love for data and data driven decision making
- Strong design approach, including user journey mapping and conversion optimisation
- Excellent communication and networking skills - ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Experience in developing web-based applications
- Passionate about software development and building great user experiences
New Zealand Rugby has a diverse and inclusive culture and is certified with the Rainbow Tick.
The ideal candidate must obtain a clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check.
Applications close 19 October 2017 at 5.00 p.m.